Williamsburg Heating & Air Conditioning – FAQ
Williamsburg Heating & Air Conditioning has put together a list of FAQ’s that we hope will help you when you have a question on your HVAC system. Williamsburg Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is family-owned and operated HVAC business has been serving the home comfort needs in the Williamsburg and surrounding areas for almost two decades now and we pride ourselves on our Heating & Air Conditioning service, quality, and customer care. With a team of professionals that spans generations, Williamsburg Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. has become much more than a corporation. We consider ourselves a community and offer that family spirit to every client we service.
Question: What can I do as a home owner to maintain my heating equipment during the winter months?
Answer: The home owner can do the following:
- Watch for outdoor unit iced-up
- Remove drifting snow against outdoor unit
- If the outdoor unit is not running – call Williamsburg HVAC
- Return duct leakage – pulling in cold, unconditioned air
- Replace single pain windows or install storm windows
- Poor insulation
Question: What can Williamsburg Heating and Air Conditioning do to help lower my heating and air conditioning bill?
Answer: Our certified HVAC team can:
- Check the thermostat to make sure it is calibrated or not level
- Check for low refrigerant charge
- Check for refrigerant flow-related problems
- Check for poor efficiency – needs cleaning and servicing
- Check for bad compressor
- Check on why compressor is not running
Question: What should I do if outside compressor is not working or for complete loss of heating and cooling?
Answer: First call Williamsburg Heating and Air Conditioning and have them run through their check list of solutions.
- Did your electrical breaker switch off
- Is there a power outage in the area
- Is the compressor frozen